Hello all. Saw a wood duck in the pond at my back yard today, first  sighting
for home list. I wonder how common they are around this area this time  of
year. I had seen wood ducks in the area years ago, but with all the  development
occurring nearby I thought they cleared out. I live near Plantation  Road in
South Fort Myers, FL. Other species I used to see a lot around and are
diminishing are black neck stilts and eastern meadowlarks .   I also  saw today a
mute swan that has been visiting Lake Candlewood in  Iona during the past week,
beautiful bird!  I wonder where he escaped  from and how common are they in
the wild. I also want to report my first  sighting of a beautiful white tailed
tropicbird- I got it approx 3 wks  ago in my home town of Arecibo PR. One of
the most beautiful birds I've  seen, in one of the most beautiful ocean
surroundings!       Adios.           J.V. Padilla-Lopez, M.D., Fort  Myers, Fl.