A June 25th pelagic trip will be offered from Key Largo or
Islamorada.  Other trips are scheduled for July 16 and August 6,
(this will depend on the number of participants) in the Florida
Keys.  We will travel 23 miles offshore to the 409 Hump in search of
pelagic birds.  Here are some of the birds seen on previous trips in
the Keys:

Cory's Shearwater
Greater Shearwater
Audubon's Shearwater
Wilson's Storm-Petrel
Band-rumped Storm-Petrel
Leach's Storm-Petrel
Masked Booby
Brown Booby
Red Phalarope
Red-necked Phalarope
Pomarine Jaeger
Bridled Tern
Sooty Tern
Brown Noddy
Arctic Tern

Species that we hope to see and that are possible:
White-tailed Tropicbird
Red-billed Tropicbird
Black-capped Petrel.

Of course with pelagic birding, anything is possible!!

Please e-mail: Larry Manfredi at [log in to unmask] for more
information or details.

--
John H. Boyd III                         [log in to unmask]
Associate Professor and Department Chair