In June, 1977, I discovered the first reported gray catbird nest in this area in south Jacksonville (Duval Co.)  The nest was later collected and given to Jacksonville University Museum.  A note describing the find was published in the Fall, 1978, Florida Field Naturalist.
Several years I found gray catbirds singing on territory on my breeding bird survey west of Jacksonville.  I have not heard of any recent finds in this area.
Peggy Powell
Jacksonville