From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Valdis
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 10:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: a game of nodes and links

LOL!  That is why we have software Eszter!

This brings back nightmares from the early days when much of network
layout was done by hand -- before Krackplot.  I had one client who
would hire grad students at very low $/hr to arrange social networks.
I remember one student with very dark circles under his eyes explaining
how it took him 13 hours to arrange a network...  and then the data
changed!  They were so excited when they realized that network layout
algorithms existed.

Well, I guess it is better than playing solitaire!

;-)

Valdis