Hello,

What is the set of measures that can be used in an empirical study to most
accurately and completely describe a given network?

For example, the different centrality indices focus on different properties and
concepts (e.g. closure, brokerage, etc.). In addition, and this depending on the
configuration of the network, the measures are naturally correlated indicating some
degree of overlap.

Is there a conceptual (other than Friedkin 1991 AJS and related work) framework
that would allow one to choose a set of measures with minimum overlap and maximum
comprehensiveness to describe a given network?

If yes, are there examples of empirical studies using such a group of metrics?

This is a general question, but by the way, in my specific case I am dealing with a
big, undirected, valued network.

Thank you very much.

Jorge A. Colazo