I had a brainstorm and wonder if anyone out there has any thoughts about
it. Utility companies usually send extra crews to disaster areas to help
restore power to affected areas. Has anyone thought about RIM volunteers
that could help with recovery once the situation is more stable? It
might be a tough sell to get an employer to allow some of their RIM
personnel off to volunteer for RIM diasaster recovery but has anyone
thought about it or tried it?

Rescue operations are still on going and some RIM recovery operations
have been stalled at checkpoints from what I have read in RAIN. I also
realize a lot of RIM professionals in the gulf states may not have jobs
for a while or not at all considering the destruction in some areas. I
am aware of disaster recovery vendors but I am sure much more assistance
will be needed. Any thoughts out there?

Rob Seibolt
Records Management Aquila