I spent a total of about 6 hours looking for the St Marks plover over the
weekend, without sure success.  I had a fly-by on saturday that may well
have been the bird, but it flew further than I was willing to walk (I had
already done that trip twice before).  Yesterday a combination of strong
winds and an annoying Merlin kept the birds either hunkered down or flying
in terror.  Either way, I could not get good looks at them.  There were
about 100 Semi-palmated Plovers in the back corner of Stoney Bayou, but
most were too far out to check through thoroughly.  I still think it is
worth checking if someone has the opportunity.

Have fun,

Tom Curtis