Patrick Leary sent a recent photo of a juvenile American Golden-Plover, and
since we already had a page set up on the first website, I decided to move
that page over to PHOTOS II and put his photo with the ones by Jack Dozier
and Andy Wraithmell.

In sending his photo, Patrick wrote:  "Attached is a digiscope image of the
juvenile American Golden-Plover sighted at the Bailey Road Soccer Fields
today [9-22-05]. It is useful as a NE Florida photo-document record, but
also because it reveals the species' characteristic (highly erect) alert
posture. This feature alone could be used to distinguish it from similar
Black-bellied plovers."

A very nice collection.

Copyrights by the respective photographers.

Barbara Passmore
Listowner, FLORIDABIRDS-L