On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:29:59PM -0700, peter busse wrote:
> I have always wondered if the opinion leader model would work here (identifying central players and targeting them).  Maybe bridges would be better.  I think the concept of keyplayer was created to think about the same thing (to get the "most bang for the buck") but on other type of networks.

For a survey of classical and other measures of network survival
(same issue, opposite perspective) you may want to consult

G.W. Klau and R. Weiskircher: Robustness and Resilience
Ch. 15 in U. Brandes and T. Erlebach (Eds.): Network Analysis
Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 3418, pp. 417-437
Springer, 2005

Best, B.