"apologies for cross-posting" is one of the most frequent messages I see
online when someone posts a notice of a conference or a book.

I hope that we social networkers never ever say that -- as long as we are
posting to several lists germanely.

The apology basically implies that people live their lives encapsulated in
one group. But we networkers, of all people, should know that people have
multiple connections to multiple networks. So to reach them, you gotta
cross-post!

PS: While I am venting, someone published news of a revised social network
product the other day. I was amazed when someone I had never heard of on
this list wrote in to denounce the poster. I do not adminster this list,
but I was in on the founding, and it has always been our practice for
people to post -- once -- news about new SNA products, books/articles,
conferences. It's called information. To be sure, one guy drove us nuts
with multiple postings, but that can -- and was -- dealt with.

 Barry, INSNA founder