> I am studying the Listservs as useful mediums for information exchange. Are
> there any network measures that could possiblly characterise how well the
> subscibers of a listserv are interconnected by using the email data? Could
> you please guide me to any references.

you will probably want to start with what Marc Smith et al (Danyel Fisher,
etc) at Microsoft have done with their NETSCAN project, and think about
possible differences between USENET and listserv traffic from that point
of view.

http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/

--elijah
school of library and information science
indiana university bloomington