Hi, John,

I structured my intro courses last year along network principles and
found the experience to be very rewarding.

Most textbooks have at least one chapter right on target (e.g. Henslin
chapter 6, "Societies to Social Networks").  Plus, there is often
material interspersed throughout that has some relevance to networks.
Still, some areas lack any discussion of material directly related to
networks.  For this reason, Pat's suggestion to use "Who Rules America?"
is very valuable.  Other textbook areas lacking such discussion are
gender and race.

Next time I teach intro, I'll deliver a lecture drawing out the
theoretical and meta-theoretical similarities and differences of
Marxist, Functionalist, and Network perspectives.  Most textbooks do
this at least to some degree for Marxism and Functionalism, treating
however the network perspective in a much more fragmented way.

If you decide to forge ahead with such a lecture, I'll very gladly
contribute.

Best wishes,
Michael