InFlow has the ability to import graphics [bit-mapped or vector] as
"background" images.  You can then draw the nodes and links on top of
the background and adjust them as you like with the mouse.

Metrics for the drawn network can be displayed in the adjoining window.

Here is an example from several years ago...

http://www.orgnet.com/ohio_network.gif

Valdis