This is very interesting--and underscores my prior point about the
ethics of doing some kinds of research.

Substitute "NAZIs" finding Free French forgers in there if this is
unclear...

>>> Iain Lang <[log in to unmask]> 10/12/2005 5:03:50 PM >>>

I believe the French authorities in Algeria used some rudimentary form
of network analysis to identify that it would be good to target forgers,
as well as to identify who the forgers were--such things not being
clear, in illegal groups--since there was a lot of flow to and from
them. I did not make this clear in my previous post.
With regards
Iain