From: "Chris McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:36 PM
Subject: Drawings of personal networks

I'm working on an article comparing personal network visualization to
respondent's drawing of their personal network.  Is anyone aware of
existing articles where respondents were asked to draw a map of their
personal network? I'm aware of Antonucci's work using an instrument
based on concentric circles.  I'm wondering if anyone has done anything
more free-style than that where a respondent might have a circle
representing their family, and another their work and so on.

Thanks,

chris

Chris McCarty, Survey Director

University of Florida Survey Research Center

Bureau of Economic and Business Research

PO Box 117145

University of Florida

Gainesville, FL  32611-7145

Phone: (352) 392-2908 x101