Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
http://cduhr.ndri.org
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)
(917) 438-0894 (fax)

>>> Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]> 10/19/2005 8:48:47 AM >>>
wrote
<<<

Curious if I am the only one to whom the question of,
What does the word "pork" evoke?
Immediately thinks "tryfe"!*
*Translation: non-kosher.

I immediately thought "politicians"  - at first glance, rather
different.  But
many politicians aren't kosher (in the figurative sense) and very few
are kosher
(in the literal sense).

<<<<
Which reminds me of the Jewish family who had FIVE sets of dishes:
2 for everyday dairy or meat meals.
2 for Passover dairy or meat meals
1 for the occasional ham sandwich!

You forgot the 6th set that they would never be caught dead eating
from.

Peter