Hi,

Although I posted the following over the summer I wanted to make sure
people hadn't missed it back then, thus the duplicate.  Recent hires in
the department have included PhDs in science & tech studies,
linguistics/psychology, business, sociology in additional to
communication.  There are lots of folks on campus interested in networks.
See the Northwestern Institute on Complex Systems -
http://www.northwestern.edu/nico/ for more on that.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.  These positions are
tenure-track, open rank.

Eszter

---

The Department of Communication Studies at Northwestern University invites
applications for up to two tenure-track positions, building on the
departmentís strengths in the study of human interaction and communication
technology. The positions are open rank and would begin in Fall, 2006.

We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in either of
two areas:

1. Social network analysis (scholars with strong quantitative skills who
employ network analytic techniques in the study of communication
phenomena). Search number S-102-06.

2. Computer-mediated communication (including scholars with research
programs in, e.g., social computing, video-conferencing, instant
messaging, on-line communities). Search number S-103-06.

PhD or equivalent is required. Applicants should possess excellent
publication and teaching credentials, commensurate with years of
experience. A record of externally funded research is highly desirable.

In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
November 1, 2005. A letter of application, vita and three letters of
recommendation should be sent to:

Chair, Search Committee
Department of Communication Studies
Northwestern University
2240 Campus Drive
Evanston, Illinois 60208

Northwestern University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is
contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.