<<<-------- Vogenbeck, Danielle-------->>>

> I have a 2-mode data set with over 21000 respondents.  Can someone
> recommend a software program that can handle data this large?  I've tried
> UCINET and Pajek, but they both seems to freeze up.

Pajek shouldn't. Recently we developed two new methods
for analysis of (very) large 2-mode networks and applied them to
the IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base: 1324748=428440 + 896308 vertices
and 3792390 arcs). See for example pages 22- in
  http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/doc/mix/ZurichVB.pdf
  http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/gd/gd05.htm
There should be something wrong with your input data:
they should be in a PC (not Unix) file (end of line is CR LF),
don't use the matrix representation, ..., memory capacity of
your computer, ...

Vlado
--
Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, PO Box 2964, 1111 Ljubljana,  Slovenia