I have copied below an announcement for a full-time research programmer position at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications. This programmer will work with us in Professor Noshir Contractor's Science of Networks in Communities (SONIC) group.
The closing date is November 15.
NCSA Position Notice
National Center for Supercomputing ApplicationsUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Research Programmer (Specializing in Social Networks)
The National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has one Research Programmer (Specializing in Social Networks) position available. Responsibilities will involve collaboration with a diverse team to develop social networking capabilities that interface with a cyber-infrastructure platform. This individual will be involved at all stages of the project, starting from the initial planning stages. She/he must be able to collaborate well with non-programming researchers.
- Collaborating with researchers in SONIC and other NCSA technical staff
- Developing architecture, tools and environments that interface with a cyber-infrastructure platform from the ground up
- Documenting of the software
- Directing a small team of undergraduates to similar aims
Required Education and Training:
- BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, or related field is required. Alternative degree fields will be considered/accepted if accompanied by equivalent experience.
- Experience in C/C++/Java/Python object-oriented programming
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience deploying and supporting software in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with statistical modeling of networks
- Knowledge of distributed computing, and web services
This is an academic professional position at NCSA and is a 12-month, 100%-time appointment with regular University benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Starting date as soon as possible after the closing date of the search.
Join the leading edge of supercomputing with our leading-edge career opportunities.
To ensure full consideration, please send letter of application, resume, and three letters of reference, referencing Search #10195-NCSA, by email (preferably) to: [log in to unmask]
[text only] by November 15, 2005. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed.
NCSA Human Resources, Search #10195-NCSA
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
152 Computing Applications Building
605 East Springfield Avenue
Champaign, Illinois 61820
Email: [log in to unmask]
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.