Hello,
This may be of particular interest to grad students/young scholars in
the US midwest, although i welcome papers from anyone.  (Sorry for
the last minute posting - i was having problems with my Socnet account).

i am organizing a session on Social Networks at the North Central
Sociological Association meetings, to be held March 23-25, 2006 in
Indianapolis, Indiana.  i know that graduate students in particular
frequently don't have the opportunity to make it to the larger
meetings, so i wanted to provide an opportunity regionally for those
of us working in the area of social networks to:
1- present work that may not otherwise have an outlet at its present stage;
2- give young researchers the opportunity to find others in their
area who have similar interests - to provide potential opportunities
for collaboration or general help (along the lines of what the
INSNA-listserve provides, but on a smaller, local level).

If you have a paper that you would like to present, please email (my
contact info is below) your abstract no later than Novmeber 30th.  i
have to have the session listing submitted on Dec 1st.  In addition
to your paper title and abstract, please be sure to include:
- your name
- your affiliation
- your email address

You can find the full Call for Papers for the conference on the NCSA
website at:
http://www.ncsanet.org/meetings/Call2006.pdf

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
cheers,
jimi

jimi adams
Graduate Research Associate
Department of Sociology, Ohio State University
300 Bricker Hall, 190 N. Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210-1353
614-688-4261 (messages)
http://www.sociology.ohio-state.edu/jca/