Lisa & Iuri
The annual INSNA/Sunbelt conference has been the annual meeting of
scientists interested in social network analysis, theory, and methods
for 25 years.  At the last meeting nearly 400 papers were presented with
about 450 people attending.  The scientific sessions are preceded by a
day of workshops on various topics, notably organized around software
training.  This is the meeting where you will be able to see/hear
presentations on many aspects of social network analysis.   I do not
know much about the NetSci meeting as that is new, but it seems to me
this is more of a workshop designed to train novices in the latest
techniques on social network analysis and provide first rate training to
those individuals who do not have a network program at their university
(and some who do).  There will probably be more depth and less breadth
at NetSci.  To understand the field of network analysis I would suggest
INSNA, to learn about network analysis techniques I would suggest
NetSci, but note NetSci is a 2 week event probably requiring a
registration fee.
- Tom

Lisa Yamagata-Lynch wrote:

>That is a very good question. I just wanted to thank you for posting
>this message. I will look foward to see how the more seasoned people in
>the field respond to your inquiry.
>
>Lisa C. Yamagata-Lynch
>Assistant Professor
>ETRA, NIU

>I'm still a beginner in SNA so i would like to know which Congress
>you think i should attend to learn the basics. So I'm specially
>interested
>in the Workshops.
>Sunbelt and NetSci were recently posted here, are these the 2 major
>ones?
>The Workshops are not defined yet, but lots of you might know and help
>me
>out,
>i can go only to one next year.
>
>thanks a lot, iuri

To learn more about my evaluation book go to:
http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0195141768.html
My personal webpage:
http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~tvalente/
---