This happens in various on-line alumni networks... people join
because of the school affiliation and then usually break off into sub-
groups by...
1) interest
2) career
3) geography
4) all of the above

Since you work for France Telecom, you will probably see similar
patterns with your mobile phone subscribers, except their "interest"
and "career" categories above may be divided into...
a) friends
b) family
c) business associates
d) hobby/volunteer/interest contacts