danah,

Probably not what you were looking for... but related.

The folks from Procter & Gamble have been visiting SNA seminars in
the last few years.  It looks like they are trying out what they have
learned... social networks of youth for Marketing...

http://www.tremor.com/info/wordofmouth/rightteen.asp

Valdis