Dear Param,

Some references:

Frank, O. & Snijders, T.A.B., Estimating hidden populations using
snowball sampling.
Journal of Official Statistics, 10 (1994), 53-67.

Snijders, T.A.B., Estimation on the basis of snowball samples: how to
weight?
Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique, 36 (1992), 59-70.

S. K. Thompson and O. Frank. 2000.  Model-based estimation with
link-tracing sampling designs.  Survey Methodology 26: 87-98.

Salganik, M. J. and D. D. Heckathorn. 2004. "Sampling and Estimation in
Hidden Populations Using Respondent-Driven Sampling." Sociological
Methodology 34:193-239.

Alo see
http://www.respondentdrivensampling.org/

Best,

Tom

Param Singh wrote:
> Sender:       Social Networks Discussion Forum <[log in to unmask]>
> Poster:       Param Singh <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Statistical corrections for measures generated from data
>               collected by snowballing

> Dear Socnetters,
> I am looking for statistical corrections that can be applied to network
> measures generated from data collected by snowballing. I will appreciate if
> you can point me to some relevant literature.
> Thanks in advance,
> Param
> Param Vir Singh
> Doctoral Student
> Management Science (IS)
> University of Washington Business School
> University of Washington, Seattle
> Phone: (206)-616-9705 Fax:(206)-543-3968
> http://students.washington.edu/psidhu

Tom A.B. Snijders
Professor of Statistics and Methodology
Scientific Director, ICS
Department of Sociology, University of Groningen
Grote Rozenstraat 31
9712 TG Groningen
The Netherlands
+31-(0)50-3636188/6216
http://stat.gamma.rug.nl/snijders/
Note: new email address: [log in to unmask]