The help file states the following.

A triple of three vertices x,y and z taken from a valued graph is weakly
transitive if whenever there is a tie connecting x to y and y to z stronger
than some fixed value s then there exists a tie connecting x and z greater
than a smaller value w.

 This routine checks for weak transitivity by taking the largest value in
the graph for s and a user prescribed value for w. The value of s is reduced
until a triple is found that violates the weak transitivity condition. The
value of s is then used to dichotomize the graph. The components (weak
components for digraphs) of this dichotomized graph form the mutually
exclusive F-groups.

Borgatti, S.P., Everett, M.G. and Freeman, L.C. 2002. Ucinet 6 for Windows.
Harvard: Analytic Technologies.

hence the routine starts with the largest value this would be level 1. If
there is no violation then it takes the next largest value this would be
level 2 and so on until a triple is found that violates the condition. The
value is therefore the one used to dichotomize the graph, the level is the
order in which it appears if the values on the edges were placed in
descending order.

Martin Everett

Marylebone Provost

University of Westminster

35 Marylebone Road

London NW1 5LS

Email [log in to unmask]

Tel +44(0)20 7911 5010

Fax +44(0)20 7911 5051

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and
may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must not copy or
show them to anyone, nor should you take any action based on them, other
than to notify the error by replying to the sender.

  _____