Hello

I recently read "Growing artifidial socieites" by Epstein and Axtell.
It describes using multi-agent societies to model various social
processes (trade, war, disease, etc).  I would like to investigate this
further, especially with regard to how it intersects with social
networks and epidemiology, even more particularly, how we could use
these models together to model the spread of sexuially transmitted
infections across risk networks, and the influence of various factors on
this spread.

I've had a little trouble finding a good introduction; these models
seem to go by a wide variety of names.  A couple hours of googling left
me rather confused.

I'm interested in any introductions to either the general ideas,
computer programs which can be used for this, or whatever could be
useful

Thanks.

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
http://cduhr.ndri.org
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010