Well, as far as riots can be assumed to be forms of contentious collective
action (I'm talking in general not in the current context of France), then
there is a fast literature on social movements and social networks. For
example:

Diani, M., & McAdam, D. (eds.) (2003). Social Movements and Networks.
Relational Approaches to Collective Action. Oxford, UK: Oxford University
Press.

Diani, M. (2004). Networks and participation. In D.A. Snow, S.A. Soule &
H. Kriesi (eds.), The Blackwell Companion to Social Movements, pp.
339-359. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing.

Regards,

--Moses Boudourides