Cynthia Gigučre <[log in to unmask]> wrote to ask:

My name is Cynthia Gigučre and I’m currently doing my master in
criminology on a network of individuals importing drugs in Canada.

The data that I’m using are valued data that represent the number of
conversations between all the members of the criminal group. I want to
realise an analysis of the average distance between these individuals
(Network-Cohesion-Distance) and I’m wondering if its possible to
indicate the type of data as strengths (the data indicate the strength
of relation between the individuals by representing the number of
conversations between them, but it doesn’t represent the lengths of
links between nodes as required in the indications from the Help section
of the software).
So if I use theses data does it means that the strongest path (which is
the shortest?) is in fact for me the weakest path because it contains
the least number of conversations? If so, may I still use these data in
this case? (I know I can use the data as adjacency but...)

The algorithm finds the # of edges in the strongest path between each
pair of nodes, does it means that in my case it calculates the # of
edges in the shortest path containing the greatest number of conversations?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
Cynthia