I used the f groups function of UCINET to account the strengths of the ties into the analysis. However, I am not able to understand the output quite clearly.

  When I get the output as follows:
  Strong ties have value  12.00 (level 11).
  GROUPS WITH 2 OR MORE MEMBERS:

  What does that value mean and what does the level mean?

  What is the range of cut off value that goes as input?

  Thanks in advance.

  Best
  Neha

Martin Everett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I suggest you look at the tutorial on this on the Analytictech website under
subgroups.

See

http://www.analytictech.com/networks/topics.htm

Martin Everett
Marylebone Provost
University of Westminster
35 Marylebone Road
London NW1 5LS

Email [log in to unmask]
Tel +44(0)20 7911 5010
Fax +44(0)20 7911 5051

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and
may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must not copy or
show them to anyone, nor should you take any action based on them, other
than to notify the error by replying to the sender.