Today's NY Times (Dec 24) has a story that shouldn't surprise Sunbelt
folks. Seems like the US Nationul Securty Ag is analyzing communication
patterns to gather clues on who is calling whom, and origins/destinations
of phone calls and emails.

NYT calls this "large data mining operation" "pattern analysis" in quotes.

Sounds like SNA to me.
I heard 2 years ago that the NS Ay had an "Office of Social Network
Analysis," I've met spooks from different agencies at the Sunbelt in the
past few years (including a few non-Americans).

It would be nice if this could be a public service. For example, who did
CHaney call when setting energy prices; who called the Bin-Ls when they
left the US in a hurry right after 9/11?

Speaking of energy and oil; tomorrow is the first day of Chanukkah, when
unlike the US, the Maccabees made the oil last 8 times longer.

Have a nice holiday!
 Barry