Corey:
See:
 Valente, T. W. (1995). Network Models of the Diffusion of Innovations.
Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press.
Valente, T. W. (2005). Models and methods for innovation diffusion. In
P. J. Carrington, J. Scott, & S. Wasserman (Eds.) Models and Methods in
Social Network Analysis. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.

I don't think you'll find data that completely enables you to test what
you want to test, though I'd be glad to be shown wrong.  The datasets
analyzed in the publications above rely on network data collected at the
end of the process and in 2 of the 3 datasets at the same time the
adoption data were collected.  There is a relative scarcity on data
concerning behavioral adoption and social networks longitudinally.
Another way to frame your question is to ask whether individuals are
influenced by their peers differentially over time, what I would phrase
as time-varying thresholds which is certainly plausible.

-Tom

Corey Phelps wrote:

>I am looking for research that the investigates the influence of network
>structure as a medium of (e.g., information) diffusion and the effect of
>structure on some outcome variable. In particular, I am looking for
>longitudinal research that shows that the diffusion effect decays over time
>(i.e., the further away in time the dependent variable is measured from the
>variable(s) that capture network structure, the smaller the effect size).
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Corey
>
>Corey Phelps
>Asst. Professor, Management & Organization
>University of Washington
>Box 353200
>Seattle, WA  98195
>(206)543-6579

To learn more about my evaluation book go to:
http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0195141768.html
My personal webpage:
http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~tvalente/
---