From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Daniele Mascia
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 4:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: how to treat ego-network data?

Dear Socnetters,
we are conducing an analysis centered on the ego-networks of scientists
working in several international scientific institutions. Our idea is
that of investigating structural characteristics of the one-step
neighborhood of the surveyed scientists.
To date, we have found a few articles explaining concepts and
charateristics related to the ego-network, but we are still in search of
materials about the methodology to be used to deal with ego-network
data. In particular, given a set of ego-networks collected in spreadshit
editors, we would like to know which format is reccomended for importing
such data in one of the available software for network analysis (e.g.
UCINET, Pajek...), and how to conduce relative analyses.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Best regards,

Daniele Mascia
Catholic University - Rome