Hi Bill,

This is quite the persuasive selling of MultiNet. I have to admit I've found
many of its features very attractive and I love the look of many of the
graphs in the manual. I have a question, however, about its use for batch
processing. Does it have a useful mechanism for automating the same
operation (say correlating frequency of contact with an alter to alter's
vertex degree, or even simpler - the components in the egonet when ego is
not included) for a number of egonets, and exporting a table of results? I
couldn't find anything about this in the manual.

In general, this has always been my biggest sticking point with most
software 'applications' (UCInet, Pajek, NetMiner) as opposed to the more
versatile but difficult-to-learn software 'environments' such as R's SNA
package, GUESS and JUNG. Currently I'm using a mix of all the latter.
Nevertheless, I would prefer a simple point and click interface so long as I
don't have to click the same thing for every egonet.

..If that can't be done with MultiNet now, is that something you are looking
at for future releases?

Take care,
BERNiE

Bernie Hogan
PhD Student
Department of Sociology
University of Toronto

Research Assistant
Microsoft Research (Volt)

I received a message from Bill.Richards at approximately 12/19/05 9:55 PM.
Above is my reply.