 David,

Your question about what cohesion means is interesting, because it leads to
what time means. Assuming that the points in time are sparse enough to see
changes in group composition, I think analyzing the time-collapsed dataset
is an interesting idea.

Although in that case two different processs would look the same:

1. one set of nodes are connected only as dyadic components, at different
points in time, that looks as a cohesive group in the collapsed data

2. another set of nodes are connected into a cohesive group at one point in
time (at the same point in time).

Thanks!

Balazs