Dear Socnetters,

I would like to ask whether anyone knows of an efficient way to generate personalized feedback reports to participants in a social network study. In my case, I collected data on the informal networks among 90 business ventures and 40 non-profit organizations that are operating in one specific industry. Generating 130 individual reports seems like a daunting task...

Moreover, I am wondering what network measures would be most useful to report back to respondents (e.g. network position, structural holes) in terms of value and ease of interpretation. Privacy issues may also be important here since reporting back the network position to every respondent by means of showing network images may give clues on the networks of other participants.

I hope anybody has interesting ideas on these issues. Thanks in advance.

Wouter Stam

Dept. of Public Administration and Organization Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
Free University Amsterdam

Visiting address: Metropolitan, Buitenveldertselaan 3, 1082 AV Amsterdam

Postal address: De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV Amsterdam
Tel.: +31 20 598 8640
Fax: +31 20 598 6820