Hi--I wrote an entry on Social Networks for an encyclopedia. I no longer
have an electronic copy, but it's  Social Networks. 2003. Encyclopedia of
Population, Revised Edition, V. II, Eds. Paul Demeny and Geoffrey McNicoll,
pp.909-10. New York, MacMillan Reference.

Susan Watkins

On 12/10/05, Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Here's something to muse about while doing your Kwanza shopping:
>
> I have to write a 1K entry for a sociology encylopedia about a small
> subject: "Social Networks".
>
> I'd be grateful if you would send me concise statements on what you think
> the big ideas, leading topics, most useful methods, and key findings are
> -- not the fad of the moment.
>
> I'd appreciate it if you'd post your replies to the list rather than
> sending to me personally. This way, others have a chance to react and
> comment.
>
> I'll need this by Dec 20.
> Barry
>
>   Barry Wellman         Professor of Sociology        NetLab Director
>   wellman at chass.utoronto.ca  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman
>
>   Centre for Urban & Community Studies          University of Toronto
>   455 Spadina Avenue    Toronto Canada M5S 2G8    fax:+1-416-978-7162
>              To network is to live; to live is to network

Susan Cotts Watkins
Director of African Demography, University of California, Los Angeles
Professor, Department of Sociology
Associate, Population Studies Center
University of Pennsylvania