I had to go down to the Guana River dam this morning, so I spent about
20 minutes staring at the ocean through a scope from the Gate Station in
North Ponte Vedra Beach.  Lighting and visibility conditions were poor.
  Hundreds of Northern Gannets were milling about and foraging, some in
rather close to shore.  Very few were adults.  One flock of five Black
Scoters were seen headed south and a single Surf Scoter was headed south
as well.  The Surf was a female-plumaged type.

Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL