There was a first year male Rose-breasted Grosbeak today about a quarter of a mile up the Osprey Trail on Honeymoon Island which was by far the latest I've seen in FL. I was very careful to make sure it wasn't a Black-headed Grosbeak. Although the bird had quite an orange breast it was very heavily marked across the whole breast with thick dark streaks. It was very similar to the illustration of a first year male in Sibley except that the streaking was much more pronounced.

Other interesting sighting on Honeymoon today included five Bald Eagles together (two third years, a second year and two first years), a couple of Sedge Wrens and 50 Redhead.

Ed Kwater
Brandon, FL