Egan's Wetland, Fernandina Beach: It would appear that rumors of Painted buntings departing NE Florida were greatly exaggerated. Within hours of my last post, two "greenie" Painted buntings appeared at our feeders and this morning's walk into the Wetland produced sightings of two more bright greenies. Complementing the bright buntings and frequenting the same area was a "late" Prairie Warbler.

Also sighted there this morning were: a vocal Orange-crowned Warbler, abundant Myrtles, Swamp, Song and Savannah sparrows, Sedge & House wrens, Hooded merganser, numerous Greater yellowlegs, the usual waders and a small flock of roosting Wood stork. I'll spare the usual laundry list of common species sighted.

Doris and Patrick Leary, Fernandina Beach, Nassau County