thanks to Karl Van Meter for this.

 Barry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:39:54 +0100 (CET)
From: [log in to unmask]
To: BMS-RC33 List <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [bms-rc33] Call - MSU positions for computational social/
    ecological

Thanks to Dawn Parker, Tom Dietz
and NAACSOS - http://www.casos.cs.cmu.edu/naacsos/

MSU positions for computational social/ ecological scientists

As part of our environmental initiative, Michigan State  is seeking  three
tenure stream faculty who apply computational methods to the  study of
human and natural systems.  We intend to build a cluster of  strength in
this area so these three hires may be followed by three  with searches
later this year or next year.  We anticipate a teaching  load of about 2-3
courses per year with 1-2 of those graduate >
seminars.

Please do pass this along to anyone who might be interested and post  on
listserves as appropriate.  Information on the ESPP program can be  found
at the website below.

Thanks,

Tom Dietz
Director of the Environmental Science and Policy Program
Michigan State University
environment.msu.edu

=============

MichiganState Universityseeks three faculty members in
the area of coupled human and natural systems.  We are interested in
researchers  who apply computational methods, such as agent based
modeling, to  understand human-environment interactions.  We have a
special interest  in population, environment and land use for at least one
of these  positions.  We have a special interest in environmental policy
for at  least one of these positions. Appointments will be joint between
the  Environmental Science and Policy Program and a tenure-granting home
department.  The tenure home may be in Geography, Political Science,
Sociology or another appropriate department.  We anticipate that the
appointment will be made at the level of Assistant Professor.  The
positions are academic year appointments.  Ph.D. or equivalent is
required at the time of the appointment.  International experience or
demonstrated interest in international issues is an advantage. The
positions will be structured to allow development of a internationally
renowned research programs with extramural support.  We also expect  these
faculty to engage in an initiative to introduce computational  modeling
into the undergraduate social science curriculum. Letters of  application
should be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, short statement of
professional goals, a list of references we can contact  and examples of
published work.

Applications will be reviewed starting  on January 30, 2006, and will be
accepted until the positions are  filled.  Applications and letters of
reference can be mailed to: Dr.  Thomas Dietz, ESPP Search Committee,
Environmental Science & Policy  Program, Michigan State University, 274
Giltner Hall, East Lansing,  MI  48824-1011.  MSU is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity  Institution.

++++++++++++

Director of the Environmental Science and Policy Program
Michigan State University
environment.msu.edu
Dawn Cassandra Parker
Assistant Professor
Departments of Geography and Environmental Science and Policy
Center for Social Complexity
George Mason University
703-993-4640
http://mason.gmu.edu/~dparker3

* Karl M. van Meter              BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie
Sociologique
* [log in to unmask]             (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)  *
tel/fax 33 (0)1 40 51 85 19    [log in to unmask]
*               http://www.iresco.fr/revues/bms/Welcome.htm
*               distribution list [log in to unmask]
* LASMAS-CNRS                    RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* 59 rue Pouchet                 Methodology of the International
* 75017 Paris, France            Sociological Association (ISA)