Me:
> > I agree with this. Not only is it standard usenet/internet practice, but
> > questions, answers and dialog thus sparked about topics brought before
> > the group are rather the point of having an email discussion list,
> > afaic. Especially where there is specialized expertise to be shared.
> >
> > I would also prefer that the default reply mode be to LIST rather than
> > poster, for same reasons noted above.

Elijah:

> discussions of reply-to-list vs. reply-to-poster tend to set off a
> flamewar on most lists.
>
> please take it elsewhere.

If the listowner informs me that meta-discussions are inappropriate for
this list, I will refrain from such comments. In the meanwhile, it
seems a perfectly reasonable topic to me. I don't know what lists you
participate in but I've never yet seen this topic spark a flame war.
Nor do I think the type of people who post here are ones who will leap
to that extreme because of my comments.

-Teramis