I think most of us tire of this kind of discussion after we've seen it
take place - fruitlessly - two or three dozen times.

If people want their messages to go to the list, or to a specific poster,
they need to take individual responsibility for making sure that the right
thing happens.  Making policy decisions of this sort on a list-wide basis
typically appeases roughly half of the list's membership and annoys the
heck out of the other half.

The whole discussion just isn't worth it.  It doesn't have anything to do
with social networks, doesn't make the community "better" (other than in
the eyes of elements who want things "their way"), and doesn't contribute
to increasing the quality or quantity of relevant research.

I admit to being a little snippy in my last message - but I did mean what
I said.

--elijah