I view social aggregate behavior as an Open Systems Metaphor. Social
Network is ONE postulated way that "people" organize themselves to
behave in an aggregated way. To make sense of this behavior is to apply
various kinds of methods including Social Network Analyses. Using graphs
is one such SNA; Hierarchy is another; Division of labor is a third
..... This approach has high utility. It yields theory that predicts and
controls.

Roland Werner

Social Systems Simulation Group
P.O. Box 6904