Happy New Year!

We have made some changes at JoSS, some technical, some editorial.  The
mast head has been reworked, making it easier to navigate around the
journal.  You might check it out:

<http://www.cmu.edu/joss/index.html>

Also, we have found that we are getting more and more submissions,
resulting in more delays building up in parts of the publication system.
To help deal with this, as of January 1, 2006, we have added a set of
associate editors:

    * Devon Brewer, University of Washington
    * Martin Everett, University of Greenwich
    * Scott Feld, Purdue University
    * Jeffrey Johnson, East Carolina University
    * Garry Robins, University of Melbourne

I am particularly happy that these scholars have agreed to fill this role.
They will be responsible for sending submissions out for review and writing
decision letters.  We will still take submissions here and distribute them
to an appropriate associate editor to begin the review process.

JoSS has three papers that are "in press" (they have already been accepted
and are going through our publication process here at CMU).  Part of the
reason for this editorial expansion is that we have been delayed too long
in this publication stage and I need to devote more time and attention to
finding a stable solution to this part of the problem.

-David

David Krackhardt, Professor of Organizations, editor of JoSS
Heinz School of Public Policy and Management, and
    The Tepper School of Business
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-4758