There is no pain at all. You simple copy the whole worksheet of Excel to
the spreatsheet of UCINET. If you have the ids of the points in the
first row and column in your spreadsheet, click on the upper left cell
of the spreatsheet of UCINET and paste. You then save the spreadsheet
and you have all data as UCINET datafile.
Frans

Maksim Tsvetovat wrote:

>>I am trying to convert affiliation matrix from EXCELL into UCINET6. The
>>program does not do it.  What could be the reason for it ?  I have varying
>>sizes of matrices , some of them are 1200 actors x 300 events, but the
>>smaller (145X49) are not converted as well.
>>

>Excel filter seems to depend on certain Microsoft-isms that no longer
>exist in Office '03, etc.
>I would suggest exporting to a text file (CSV) and importing that -
>or, if all else fails, exporting
>to a text file, writing DL headers by hand and importing the resulting
>DL file (see manual for
>DL format).
>
>Yes, this is a pain. Steve Borgatti, can you hear us? :-)
>
>Max

=====================================
PLEASE, CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK INTO:

Frans N. Stokman
Professor of Social Science Research Methodology
ICS
University of Groningen
Grote Rozenstraat 31
9712 TG Groningen