From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Maksim Tsvetovat
Sent: 10 January 2006 02:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Converting Excell into UCINET

> I am trying to convert affiliation matrix from EXCELL into UCINET6.
> The program does not do it.  What could be the reason for it ?  I have
> varying sizes of matrices , some of them are 1200 actors x 300 events,
> but the smaller (145X49) are not converted as well.

Excel filter seems to depend on certain Microsoft-isms that no longer exist
in Office '03, etc.
I would suggest exporting to a text file (CSV) and importing that - or, if
all else fails, exporting to a text file, writing DL headers by hand and
importing the resulting DL file (see manual for DL format).

Yes, this is a pain. Steve Borgatti, can you hear us? :-)

Max