I wonder if this journalist has ever expressed the same kind of
attitude towards any work in the natural sciences. Very often folks
who would never dare to argue against a biologist (unless of course
it's about Darwinian theory), physicist (if he writes about physics),
chemist, or mathematician gladly criticize and show their disrespect
to social scientists and their discoveries. Many well-educated people
think that social sciences are about opinions and about matters that
can be easily observed and understood by common folks. So I think this
article should not be taken as a personal offense, but rather as an
offense to our discipline.

Olga Mayorova