Hey Everybirdy,

  Happy New Year to all!

  Just returned from kicking off the new year by participating in the  Rich
Paul New Year's Day Birding Open.  Already can't wait til next  year!  I can't
think of a more fun way to start the year.
  I would like to thank Don Margeson for inviting Alex Vinokur and I  to join
him and Jim McGinnity for a team effort in the event.  Look forward  to
re-uniting the team next year to defend the title!  We ended up with 92  species on
the (1/2) day.  We were battling quite a thick fog  for  much of the morning
which certainly made for interesting birding.  We  missed several "gimmes",
which as one would expect, were found easily  within an hour after the event!
  Jeff Bouton's son Austin made an awesome showing in the individual
category with 77!  Daddy's gonna have to learn some new tricks to keep up  with him
in the year's to come! ;-)
  Had the extreme pleasure of meeting Mrs. Ann Paul as well.

  Thanks to St. Pete Audubon for organizing the event too, great  job!
  See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton

Titusville, FL
_www.pbase.com/boidpikchas_ (http://www.pbase.com/boidpikchas)