Happy New Year all!  My wife's FOY bird yesterday morning was the adult male Ruby-throated Hummingbird that is wintering over in our yard.  Then she spotted something at the feeders that had me rushing out of the shower.  Sure enough, it was a young male RBGR for my FOY bird.  Methinks (mehopes?) this might bode well for an early and prolonged spring migration.  Does anyone know what the earliest date is for this species in Florida?
Bert Charest
St. Augustine