A brief stop at Port Canaveral this morning produced some lovely birds.  Avocet pond, by the locks had 75 Avocets, many Green-winged Teal, and a few N. Shovelers, Blue-winged Teal and Pintails.  A flock of 75 Dowitchers and Dunlins were in the back, but as I watched they flew to within 50 yards of me, feeding with the G.w-Teal.  With them but spinning and spinning and preening was a Wilson's Phalorope.  The flock again flew to the back of the pond, but I could still see the Phalarope in the scope.

Phyllis Mansfield,
Cocoa Beach